We thought we let you know that LOVO Women’s Day Centre are launching the third edition their free training programme for women: Get Work in the Childcare Sector, in case there are any women in your network that may be interested.
Our FREE 5-week training programme includes CV writing and up to 8 additional mentoring sessions. This training programme, aims to help women living in London to secure employment in the childcare and education sectors, in the following roles: play worker, special education needs teaching assistant, nanny, after school worker, foster carer, family support worker, and more.
A few details about this training programme:
This free training course will take place over Zoom, starting on the 5th of May, with 3 hours sessions between 10:30AM and 1:30PM, over the course of 5 weeks.
5th May 2021
12th May 2021
19th May 2021
26th May 2021
2nd June (HALF TERM BREAK – NO TRAINING)
9th June 2021
The training also includes up to 8 individual mentoring sessions between June and August 2021, to support our participants with CV writing, job or further training search, and interview skills.
To qualify for this free training course, participants need to be:
- Female living in London
- Must have the right to live in the UK
- Must be currently unemployed, or economically inactive
- Must be willing to seek paid or voluntary employment (or further training), at the end of the course
Please note that we ask participants to be willing to seek paid or voluntary employment, or further training after the course, as we are required by our funders to provide evidence of the progression into work of our students.
To enrol on this LOVO training course, participants will only need:
- Proof of address (e.g. a utility bill, DWP letter or a tenancy agreement)
- Proof of right to live and work in the UK (e.g. passport, birth certificate, settlement status letter, residency letter)
- If unemployed and in receipt of benefits we will need to see proof of this (eg. DWP letter, Universal Credit letter)
- Access to internet. Participants can connect to our online workshops via a PC, a laptop or a smart phone
- Downloading the Adobe Fill & Sign－Form Filler app on their phone (it’s free) -or access to a printer
- Commitment to attend the 5 online training session and willingness to seek for employment or find another training course (with our help) after you finish the programme.
Enrolments will take place over Zoom and once participants are scheduled in we will send them a Zoom meeting link.
If you wish to refer someone to our training programme, please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have questions and via: email@example.com
Alternatively, participants can sign-up online on the Eventbrite event page