Webber and Quentin Garden & Bike Locker Survey Response June 2020
- Online survey posted and mailed to all on our contact list – 85% of our residents
- Total response received 34 (28 from Webber Row and 6 from Quentin Hse)
- Majority want restricted/ gated fob opening for gardening & relaxing and restrict access to anyone breaking rules.
- Most people suggested security gate access with fob entry – This will be difficult to monitor/manage and reduces security for ground floor residents. Board to consider this after the trial period.
- Some suggestions for children play area/ more equipment, BBQ/ picnic, parties/ events, walking the dog, outdoor gym.
- A lot of concerns about ASB/ noise, litter, dog fouling, etc – suggestions to get users to sign code on conduct.
- Suggestions to have more bushes and plants in other courtyards in Webber Row.
- Comments about removing bikes tied to benches in Algar/ Dauncey and having more benches.
- Some suggestions about sensor lights and CCTV cameras in the garden.
Telephone Survey also conducted with ground floor residents of Algar Hse and Dauncey Hse – received 6 response out of 9 residents:
- All contacted and expressed limited and controlled opening.
- Concerns raised about security, fear of crime and ASB.
- Garden to be closed after daylight hours in winter.
Response From 6 Quentin Hse Residents:
- Suggestions for more bushes, planters/ flowers, hide the bins
- One resident wants to apply for funding for improvements – TMO to work with this resident
- 2 objections received from 34 responses.
- 15 residents expressed interest in renting bike lockers (10 from Webber Row & 5 from Quentin Hse)